Earl Zope was hoping to get the final permission for the Python 3 wonderland on the Saltlabs Sprint in Halle last week. He has made good progress in settling down:
- Zope claims compatibility with the newest Python standards (Python 3.7).
- Earl Zope now has new cloths for his administrative interface (called ZMI) as shown on the image above.
- Zope is playing nicer together with Prince Plone who is also migrating to the Python 3 wonderland
- Documentation got improved and at least partly updated to Zope 4.
- Zope got some other bug fixes.
But this was not enough for the immigration authorities to give Earl Zope the final permission. The following was missing:
- a working and proven story how to migrate Earl Zope’s treasures stored the
There was good progress towards this goal but it could not be fully reached. So gocept will have the honour to host another sprint maybe in May next year.
The new beta licence has the id
4.0b6 and can be achieved and used as described in the Zope documentation.
3 thoughts on “Beta permission for Earl Zope extended”