The sprint days were really busy for Earl Zope II and the people helping him with the Python 3 wonderland immigration authorities.
- can be installed using Python 3
- can be started and renders some views
- has more than 1.700 of more than 2.300 tests running
- has some optional dependencies left to be ported.
- To accomplished this by:
- Complete porting of RestrictedPython, so a first alpha release with the new implementation was released. (This includes about 260 commits, nearly 100 files changed, 9.000 lines of newly written code and 1.000 lines of code deleted.)
- Port AccessControl to Python 3. This port covers the Python code of the package.
- Make an alpha release of DocumentTemplate which supports Python 3. It is purely based on Python code. (Thanks Hanno for the porting work from C to Python!)
- Note: There were problems porting AccessControl and DocumentTemplate to PyPy so we left this out for now. (Volunteers welcome!)
Besides working on Zope there was other ongoing work:
- CMFCore, DCWorkflow, GenericSetup now run on Zope 4 using Python 2.
- Even most tests of CMFDefault are now running on Zope 4 – whereas it runs successfully in the browser.
- Some Plone packages were ported to Python 3:
His majesty Earl Zope II says a warm “Thank you!” to all who helped him to start his new live in Python 3 wonderland. There is still enough work to be done so he can live there and having all the comfort and stability of Python 3. See you on the next sprint!
One thought on “Zope 2 Resurrection Sprint – Goal accomplished”