The sprint days were really busy for Earl Zope II and the people helping him with the Python 3 wonderland immigration authorities.
- can be installed using Python 3
- can be started and renders some views
- has more than 1.700 of more than 2.300 tests running
- has some optional dependencies left to be ported.
- To accomplished this by:
- Complete porting of RestrictedPython, so a first alpha release with the new implementation was released. (This includes about 260 commits, nearly 100 files changed, 9.000 lines of newly written code and 1.000 lines of code deleted.)
- Port AccessControl to Python 3. This port covers the Python code of the package.
- Make an alpha release of DocumentTemplate which supports Python 3. It is purely based on Python code. (Thanks Hanno for the porting work from C to Python!)
- Note: There were problems porting AccessControl and DocumentTemplate to PyPy so we left this out for now. (Volunteers welcome!)
Besides working on Zope there was other ongoing work:
- CMFCore, DCWorkflow, GenericSetup now run on Zope 4 using Python 2.
- Even most tests of CMFDefault are now running on Zope 4 – whereas it runs successfully in the browser.
- Some Plone packages were ported to Python 3:
His majesty Earl Zope II says a warm “Thank you!” to all who helped him to start his new live in Python 3 wonderland. There is still enough work to be done so he can live there and having all the comfort and stability of Python 3. See you on the next sprint!